What does the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) offer to its subscribers?
The PBS or Public Broadcasting Service is a television show distributor and public broadcaster based in America. PBS, one of the most prominent providers of public TV stations and educational TV programming is a nonprofit entity. The channel broadcasts several famous programs such as Antiques Roadshow, Sesame Street, This Old House, America’s Test Kitchen, Downtown Abbey, Arthur, and The PBS News Hour among several others. It offers different services such as PBS Kids, PBS Kids Go, AND Satellite Service and PBS HD along with a few more. PBS also has an educational broadcasting service which is now called Create. The PBS services can be streamed using a variety of streaming players which makes it easy for users to watch their favorite programs whenever and wherever they want. Activating a streaming player can let people connect with the content from their local stations while syncing all their desired national and local shows across all their devices. If you want to watch PBS programs using a streaming device, you will have to activate the PBS application. Once you have done the activation, you can simply start watching your favorite PBS shows an programs.
How to add the PBS channel to your Roku device?
- When you’re on your Roku home screen. Use your remote control to scroll down the left hand side screen to streaming channels, and click streaming channels.
- On the next screen that appears, scroll on the left hand side again to search channels, and click Search channels.
- This is going to bring up a keypad where you can use your remote to scroll to the letters that spell out the channel you’re looking for. If you’ve looked for a channel before it could be listed on the right hand side, but for demonstration purposes. We’re going to go ahead and search for PVS. After you search for it, it should come up on the right hand side, scroll to the right and click PBS. Click Add channel.
- Adding the channel can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute depending on your internet connection.
- After it’s added click OK.
- From there you can go right to the channel by clicking go to channel
- The PBS channel is now installed on your Roku device and you can access it from the home screen at any time.
- For more information about using the PBS channel on Roku device, including passport activation. Please go. https://help.pbs.org/
How to Activate the PBS App on Your Roku Device?
- On your Roku home screen, use your remote to scroll up to the PBS app and click it to open it.
- The channel is going to open now on your Roku device. And when it opens, you’re going to see an activation code. Remember this code because you’re going to use it so go to your computer, tablet, or phone and open a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- And in the address bar at the top, type pbs.org/activate in the text-box go ahead and type that code that you just saw on your Roku device, and click Continue.
- Sign in with either PBS account Facebook or Google.